file Rumbling left speaker.

• srgabbard1's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
srgabbard1 Posted 1 month 1 week ago
My left speaker developed a rumble. It persists without input from receiver. The volume of the rumble is not driven volume dependent and the speaker sound normal to me. It persists for 5 seconds after being unplugged (capacitor drain?). It varies and pops with the volume control. Dealer said “they sound like this when the amps start failing, bring it in”. But elsewhere someone said they fixed theirs with parts sent from factory. Looking for guidance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 1 month 1 week ago
Hi srgabbard1, From your description, it sounds like we may be experiencing one of two problems.

1- First, if a Wi-Fi router is close to this tower, it could be causing some interference – which could account for the bad sounds being produced by this tower. As a troubleshooting measure, I would ask you to temporarily unplug the router (if it is close by) to see if the bad sounds from this tower stop or not.
2- If a nearby router is not the problem, it sounds like the amplifier in this tower is defective - and needs to be serviced or replaced. Please contact GoldenEar's customer service department - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 1-949-800-1805 (M-F 9-5:30 Eastern Time). I'm sure they can help.

• srgabbard1's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
srgabbard1 Posted 1 month 1 week ago
No router near, and if there was one, wouldn’t both speakers be affected? Thank you for the contact info.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 1 month 1 week ago
Hi srgabbard1, If the router were physically close to one of the towers, it would only interfere with one of your towers. In this case, it sounds like the amplifier in this tower is defective and needs to be serviced/replaced.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back