file Gaia II with Triton 1.R?

• FST251's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
FST251 Posted 1 year 11 months ago
Has anyone put the Gaia II feet (designed for 70-120 LBS) on their Triton 1.r's? I have my T 1.r's with the supplied spikes on a concrete floor. I have heard good things about the Gaia feet but at $600 forthe set i would like to know if anyone else has tried them and what did you think? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 1 year 11 months ago
Hello FST251. A few folks - including myself - on this forum use Gaia footers on their Triton's. I can't speak for everyone else but from what I've read/gleaned they get a unanimous thumbs up. Big and readily noticable improvement over the spikes.

Search "Gaia" on this forum and you should find a few threads.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
FST251, I'd like to add to my previous post. When I write "big" improvement and essentially am recommending the Gaia's, I'm making the assumption that you want to decouple/isolate your speakers from your concrete floor. If that is not the case and it's your intention to further couple/integrate your speaker with the concrete floor, then stay with your spikes.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
The following user(s) said Thank You: FST251

• FST251's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
FST251 Posted 1 year 11 months ago
Decoupling is the question, can you describe to me how they helped your speakers? I feel my speakers sides vibrating while they play, so draining that through spikes or decoupling is the question. And what will it do? Thank you for answering my question.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Decoupling is the question, can you describe to me how they helped your speakers? I feel my speakers sides vibrating while they play, so draining that through spikes or decoupling is the question. And what will it do? Thank you for answering my question.

The sides of your speakers can vibrate if played loud enough irrespective of anything you use as feet. That is normal and not a problem to be solved. The problem to be solved, since you are wanting to decouple, is to prevent the vibration of the speaker to cause *anything* else to resonate. This would include your floor, objects in your room, whatever. The Gaia's, by virtue of how well they decouple, do just that.... they prevent (or at least significantly help prevent) sound/vibration from your speakers coming into contact with the floor. If you have objects in your room that resonate, such as glass bottles packed together, that type of situation needs to be handled at the source (i.e. move the bottles). The spikes IMO (and experience) do *not* isolate/decouple the speaker from the floor, contrary to what they are supposed to do. Also, the spikes cause the speaker itself to more "ridged" , "stuff", etc. whereas the Gaia's allow your speakers to gently rock (no pun intended) back and forth and from side to side which in itself results in better sound.

Hope that helps.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Something else to consider...call isoacoustics and/or the dealer you would purchase them from...I believe the Gais's have a rather generous (in your favor) return policy.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review Triton Series Gaia II with Triton 1.R?