• Riggs's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Riggs Posted 2 years 3 months ago
Current equipment
Triton one R
Triton 2 plus
Triton reference center
I am looking to build a dedicated home theater and looking for advice for surrounds and rears also in ceiling for atmos. I currently have the opportunity to grab a used pair of aeon 3 bookshelves .would they be ok for rears or should i pass them up and get super sat or in wall.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 2 years 3 months ago
Hi Riggs, First, if you can physically accommodate a pair of Aon 3s as your rear surrounds, they would would quite well as your rear speakers (and they'll blend well with your current front soundstage).

Next, considering you have Triton One.Rs and Triton Two+s, I presume the Triton Two+ are being used as your side surrounds (or maybe they're being used in a different system). If you're able to use a pair of Triton Two+s as your side surrounds, that would be terrific. If not, you might consider using a pair of on-wall SuperSat 50s or in-wall Invisa MPXs as your side surrounds. (The angled drivers used in the Invisa MPXs create a great balance of focused sound and spaciousness when used as side surrounds.)

When adding in-ceiling Atmos speakers, using two (or four) Invisa HTR7000s or Invisa HTR8000s would blend well with the rest of your system (and produce a convincing Atmos effect). Happy Listening!

• Riggs's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
Riggs Posted 2 years 3 months ago
Thank you for the super quick response. I original purchased the two plus for side surrounds but I am know thinking i may move the one R into a separate room and do a 7.4.2 . Do you think the pair of one R up front and two plus for sides are a better option then grabbing the aeon 3 bookshelves. Or just get the inwalls

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 2 years 3 months ago
Treat your side walls , front wall , and ceiling with proper acoustic paneling. I just upgraded my room with a lot of GIK products. Big difference. You could check my signature line here or go to my web page for a description of the products I bought and installed. The photo however is outdated that was my previous foam paneling. I'll post a new photo eventually.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 2 years 3 months ago
Hi Riggs, From a performance standpoint, using the Triton One.Rs as your front speakers and the Triton Two+s as your side surrounds would your best option. However, if you have another use for the Triton One.Rs, you could certainly use the Triton Two+s as your front speakers and the SuperSat 50s/60s or Invisa MPXs as your side surrounds. (The SuperSat 50s/60s will hold up quite well when used as side surrounds.) I would still have no hesitations with using the Aon 3s - or the SuperSat 50s/SuperSat 60s as your rear speakers.

Since you're correct when you mention the front three speakers would "handle most of the heavy work", using the Triton One.Rs as your front speakers would be preferred (and, in a sense) the side and rear speakers are not quite as critical as the front three speakers. Happy Listening!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review Triton Series I would appreciate some advice building home theatre