file I got the Triton Five's

• Ponch0069's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 13
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Ponch0069 Posted 8 years 2 weeks ago
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by Moderator. info_outline

I received my Five's yesterday. They replaced an 18 year old pair of Paradigm Studio 60's. I've been auditioning speakers in the $2k - $5k range for for the last 5 years or so. Name the brand/model I auditioned them. To my ears the Five's hit the spot. I auditioned them at my local dealer in Albuquerque and was very impressed. The tweeter mid-bass combo are amazing! And in my home the bass hits just right no sub needed for two channel music. My 15 yr old son sat down and we listened to some Eminem (his music) and he said he really liked how the bass did not overpower the rest of the music and lyrics but was nice and deep. An audiophile in the making. The Five's made Stereophiles 2016 400 recommended components. You can't go wrong with that recommendation.

Associated Equipment: Gen 1 Appletv via toslink (CD's ripped to iTunes using Apple lossless) > Emotiva XDA-2 DAC > Emotiva USP-1 2 channel Preamp > XPA-2 Amp > Goldenear Triton Five's
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 2 weeks ago
Ponch0069,

Congrats on the new T5s! The Paradigm Studio 60s are great speakers but I agree that the GET speakers just sound so "right". From the top of the bottom, they check all the boxes. Open and airy highs from the HVFR tweeters, extremely natural sounding mid range, and a tight and very musical bass. They are great for music and home theater!

I've got my Tritons matched up with Emotiva gear as well and love the combination. Everything sounds clean and natural. Things should improve a little as the T5s break in. Enjoy the new gear and check back in with us. Thanks for sharing your space with us! Happy listening.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, Ponch0069

• VRock's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 1
VRock Posted 1 year 7 months ago
Hello Poonch 0069,
Even though your post is a bit dated, I found it useful. I have been looking for 2 channel audio speakers in 2-4K price range, working with Cambridge Audio CXA81. I finally settled on the Triton 5 and Triton 3+ as options. I am leaning toward the Triton 5 due to its smaller footprint and easier set up compared with the active bass of the 3+. Are you still on the 5s, and do you find the bass adequate for casual easy listening.

• Ponch0069's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 13
Ponch0069 Posted 1 year 6 months ago
Hello,
I really enjoyed the 5’s and would still recommend them today. For me the bass was perfect especially for casual easy listening. I did end up replacing them with the Triton 2+ along with my entire front end.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: VRock

• VRock's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 1
VRock Posted 1 year 6 months ago
Thanks for sharing. Your new set up looks gorgeous, the sound must be sublime. What's the set up? Are those Triton 2s Bi amped with Macintosh?

As an update, I did finally get a pair of Triton 5s. I have them paired up with Cambridge Audio CXA81 Amp, Cambridge Audio CXC CD transport, and Sonos Port for streaming. They sound pristine, I can hear every note clearly. The bass is adequate, once in a while I do feel them slightly lacking that deep low end, but it could be old recordings or just the speaker placement. Ill need to experiment with the positioning, and adding a Sub perhaps. But there is no rush for that, for now am going to enjoy listening.

One question, I see your Tritons resting on what looks like a stand or a pair of studs under them, are those from GE or some aftermarket parts? I was looking for something to put under my Triton base.
Attachments:

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back