file BRX as center for Triton Reference fronts?

• Finkdigital's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Finkdigital Posted 2 years 11 months ago
Hi All, I'm a proud owner of Triton 2+ and now T Refs. I'm setting up a surround sound system and wondering if anyone has experience or insight in comparing a reference center channel to a single BRX as a center. It's a rather large room and the center would be 10-12 feet away from the captains chair. Decision factors are cost and horizontal dispersion with a vertical transducer array.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 2 years 11 months ago
Hi Finkdigital, First, both the BRX and SuperCenter Reference speakers are tonally matched or timbre matched to the Triton Reference towers. With this in mind, you could certainly use either model as your center speaker. Next, given a choice, I'd recommend using a SuperCenter Reference. The multiple bass/midrange drivers used in the SuperCenter Reference will produce more clarity, detail and 3 dimensionality. The SuperCenter Reference is really the perfect match to the Triton Reference towers. Happy Listening!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series TritonCinema BRX as center for Triton Reference fronts?