exclamation-circle Don’t tilt your tritons too much!

• odedia's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 12
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
odedia Posted 1 year 2 months ago
Just some personal experience - I’ve had the triton reference for around a week now. I liked how they sounded but didn’t feel I have that 3D, centered effect.
Today I watched a few videos from PS Audio and in all of them the speakers were completely parallel to each other.
However I do remember that Sandy always recommended to tilt them inward.
I guess I was tilting mine wayyy too much. I now have just a slight tilt inward, I’d say about 5 degrees. The sounds stage is like a totally different speaker. It’s unbelievable!
I can hear Freddie Mercury standing in the middle of my living room singing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
GDHAL Posted 1 year 2 months ago
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by GDHAL. info_outline
odedia, you had me scared there for a moment. By reading the title I got the impression your speaker fell over.

"Tilting" is different than what you've done. You've "toed" your speakers. Tilting is what some people do in order to aim the driver's upward or downward, essentially raising the back or the front of the speaker from its base.

Best.

Hal
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Don’t tilt your tritons too much!