file How many amps/volts does the reference draw?

• odedia's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 12
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
odedia Posted 1 year 2 months ago
Would connecting both reference towers to a single power conditioner such as the one linked below be sufficient? It is rated at 10A.
www.amazon.co.uk/Dynavox-Indicator-Corre...ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 1 year 2 months ago
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by GDHAL. info_outline

Would connecting both reference towers to a single power conditioner such as the one linked below be sufficient? It is rated at 10A.
www.amazon.co.uk/Dynavox-Indicator-Corre...ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

Hi odedia -

Just checked the link you posted. Looks like your outside of the U.S..

The answer to your question though is "it depends" on the source content and the gain (that you're using via the volume control) of your amp/preamp. The voltage in the U.S. would always be 120/60 Hz (approx) but in your case you likely have the 240V model. The amperage is the variable. Under normal/most circumstances the amperage draw will be very low, especially if in standby mode. I believe the maximum wattage draw would be 1800, but that is "instantaneous and momentary" as opposed to continuous.

Yes, you can connect both TRefs to a single power conditioner. I do. ;)

Best.

Hal
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: odedia

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 1 year 2 months ago
Hi Odedia, The 240 Volt version of the Triton Reference draws a maximum of 3.15 amps (per tower). Under most listening conditions, these towers will draw less than 2 amps (per tower). I would have no hesitations with using a single 10A amp power conditioner for both of these towers. Happy listening!

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Hi Odedia, The 240 Volt version of the Triton Reference draws a maximum of 3.15 amps (per tower). Under most listening conditions, these towers will draw less than 2 amps (per tower). I would have no hesitations with using a single 10A amp power conditioner for both of these towers. Happy listening!

@Moderator

And, would that 3.15 amps max per tower be the same for the 120 volts version?

Thank you.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 1 year 2 months ago
Hi Hal, The amplifier used in the US version of the Triton Reference draws more current (but it's supplied less voltage)...In terms of current draw, the 120 volt Triton References can draw a maximum of 6.3 amps (per tower). Happy Listening!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GDHAL

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thank you @Moderator.

So the data makes sense. In both instances (120 or 240 volts) the maximum wattage drawn is 756 per tower.

Between my amp and everything else I have plugged in to the same dedicated 20 amp outlet, I wouldn't be surprised if I trip the breaker at some point. :laugh: B)

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers How many amps/volts does the reference draw?