file Replacement Part for Triton 2

• twotooneadam12's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 59
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
twotooneadam12 Posted 1 year 9 months ago
I noticed on one of my tritons I can hear a small hum coming from I believe the tweeter? Head right next to cloth on speaker, with no volume on the amp.

It doesn’t affect the playing of the speaker, just noticed it.

Ear has to be touching the speaker to hear it.

Are there replacement tweeters parts available for an original triton 2 if need be???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 1 year 9 months ago
Hi twotooneadam12, First, replacement parts for the original Triton Two towers are still available directly from GoldenEar. This would include tweeters, midranges, woofers, built-in amplifiers and passive crossover networks. Next, since you have to place your ear right against the speaker's grille cloth to each any noise from the tower, I wouldn't be particularly concerned about it. It could be a small amount of background noise created by the tower's built-in amplifier - or possibly some background noise created by your main amplifier/receiver. Either way, I wouldn't be concerned about it. Happy Listening!

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 1 year 9 months ago
Only one of the speakers? If both, likely the amp. If one speaker, likely the speaker. You can try basic troubleshooting techniques. Connect the left speaker cable to the right, and vice-versa. See/hear if the "problem" moves to the other speaker or remains with the one you're currently noticing it from. Also, I believe you can take down the "sock". Do a visual inspection of the driver(s) to look for anything obvious.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by twotooneadam12. info_outline
Hi twotooneadam12, First, replacement parts for the original Triton Two towers are still available directly from GoldenEar. This would include tweeters, midranges, woofers, built-in amplifiers and passive crossover networks. Next, since you have to place your ear right against the speaker's grille cloth to each any noise from the tower, I wouldn't be particularly concerned about it. It could be a small amount of background noise created by the tower's built-in amplifier - or possibly some background noise created by your main amplifier/receiver. Either way, I wouldn't be concerned about it. Happy Listening!

Thanks, that is what I thought. Thanks for the quick response.

Only one of the speakers? If both, likely the amp. If one speaker, likely the speaker. You can try basic troubleshooting techniques. Connect the left speaker cable to the right, and vice-versa. See/hear if the "problem" moves to the other speaker or remains with the one you're currently noticing it from. Also, I believe you can take down the "sock". Do a visual inspection of the driver(s) to look for anything obvious.

Thanks appreciate your time.

Out of curiosity, I sent a message to my dealer and haven’t heard anything back for over a week????

I only want to know what a new tweeter cost would be installed?

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Replacement Part for Triton 2