file Triton Reference Rumble Noise

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
charliehatch Posted 3 years 9 months ago
Yes, it's strange, isn't it. Maybe it was the 5 GHz. But now, with the speakers in an only slightly different location than they were, I hear no noise at all.

Bizarre.
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 3 years 9 months ago
Guys,

My speaker rumble noise is still gone, but here's a little follow up idea on what may be happening. .

An engineer friend of mine suggested that the rumble noise may be originating as a beat frequency between two wifi points operating at the same frequency. Even though they may be operating on the same channel, there can be a small difference in their "carrier" frequencies. In the 5 GHz band, a frequency difference of 100 Hz or so is very small and quite possible.

Add to this the fact that, about the time the noise problem started, I installed a Google Wifi mesh system. (My previous system had a single point.) I use two Google mesh points. In the 2.4 GHz band, the two points operate on different channels, but in the 5 GHz band, they operate on the same channel. (I haven't found a way to manually set the channel on these things.) So a slight difference in the actual operating frequencies could produce a beat that could conceivably modulate the subwoofer amp audio signal in some way.

Moving the speakers probably changed the relative strength of these mesh signals (and possibly neighbor's signals as well).

The internal circuit in the sub amp system is vulnerable to this noise, and that remains a problem.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• pendellini's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
pendellini Posted 8 months 1 week ago
I had a similar experience with my Triton Two speakers. I had streamed Amazon Music and noticed some rumbling during playback and just figured it was something going on with Amazon. After stopping the music I continued to hear the loud low rumbling from the left speaker from time to time. I made sure everything was turned off and it was still there occasionally. I unplugged the power cord and let it set for 10 minutes, the sound came back. After reading your post I was about to move the speakers, switch left for right, but I thought about the 5GHz signal from the Amazon 4k Fire TV and decided to check the signal. I had just installed an extender for my wifi not long ago and thought that might be it, the speaker, Fire TV and extender were all in a line from the router. I unplugged the extender, still had the problem. Checked the FIre TV and it was working fine, but the sound was still there. Last thing I to try was to restart the Amazon Fire TV and it worked. The sound is gone and has been for a week. I was about to contact customer service, thanks to reading your post it was an easy fix.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton Reference Rumble Noise