file Blinking blue light

• lsgarth's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
lsgarth Posted 4 years 7 months ago
Hello, I have a set of T1's in my HT, on occasion the right front speaker will make a loud pop then I can see the blue light start to blink on that speaker.
What could be causing this, it is very random, maybe once every 2 or 3 movies.
I am assuming that it is a power issue, maybe losing power and I am hearing the capacitor pop then it powers back on and I see the blue lights blinking... but why?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 4 years 7 months ago

lsgarth wrote: Hello, I have a set of T1's in my HT, on occasion the right front speaker will make a loud pop then I can see the blue light start to blink on that speaker.
What could be causing this, it is very random, maybe once every 2 or 3 movies.
I am assuming that it is a power issue, maybe losing power and I am hearing the capacitor pop then it powers back on and I see the blue lights blinking... but why?

thanks

Hi there, sorry to hear one of your T1s might be sick. Here are a few thoughts:

1) Unplug the speaker from AC power and let it sit for 15-30 minutes before plugging it back in. Listen to see if the problem is gone.

If not,

2) Is there anything new also plugged into the circuit this speaker is on? Do you have the ability to plug this speaker in to a completely different circuit than it is on now? If so, does the problem stop?

If no,

3) If you disconnect everything except the AC power to the speaker, does the problem occur? I assume the speaker is powered on when you try this.

Let us know your results, please.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 4 years 7 months ago
Another diagnostic check you could do.. . Seeing that it's one speaker you can compare the two... On plug in the lights flash 25 times in approximately 1 second intervals... On plug out after being on the lights flash once after approximately 30 seconds after power down.... The idea here is to just compare the two speakers...
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

Thanks guys I will give these ideas a try.
It's not easy to pinpoint because it happens so infrequently, as I was saying it may happen every 2-4 movies I watch and sometimes longer.
I've tried to recognize what all was running on that circuit at the times it happens but really nothing different than when it runs great.

As far as the lights blinking am I correct in assuming that it is losing power and then powering back up?

thanks again

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 4 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by GDHAL. info_outline

lsgarth wrote: Thanks guys I will give these ideas a try.
It's not easy to pinpoint because it happens so infrequently, as I was saying it may happen every 2-4 movies I watch and sometimes longer.
I've tried to recognize what all was running on that circuit at the times it happens but really nothing different than when it runs great.

As far as the lights blinking am I correct in assuming that it is losing power and then powering back up?

thanks again

No, you are not correct in "assuming that it is losing power and then powering back up". First off, observe the light "status" of the speaker that you believe to be working correctly and compare that to the light "status" of the speaker that you believe to be working incorrectly. If there is a difference, then certainly "something" is awry.

The "normal" lighting sequence is to flash when initialized with electrical power (see my previous post) and then remain steady on. In this context, "remain steady on" means the naked eye cannot discern any flashing and signal/music is being provided to the speaker. If no signal, the light in its steady on state will go out/off in approximately 25 minutes, unless you have a seriously abnormal rfi condition.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

Well the reason I assume it is powering off is that if I power off the surge protector that the speaker is on it makes the same popping sound. When I turn it back on the blue light flashes 25 times then goes steady.
That is the same thing that happens randomly when I hear the pop, the light starts flashing and soon it goes back to steady.
So I assumed it was taking a quick power hit and immediately powering back up again.
It's just that is it so random it is hard to isolate, I've watched movies for the last 2 days without it happening.
Thanks for the replies.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back