file Problem with Triton Two Built-In Bass Amplifier

• c-ray628's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
c-ray628 Posted 6 years 4 months ago
I have been pretty happy with my Triton Twos since I bought them a little over two years ago. Today, the right-side tower started making a constant booming droning noise (around 60Hz or so), with a cyclic brief louder thump every 5 minutes. The noise is there as long as the built-in amplifier is on, even if nothing but power is connected to the speaker. Power-cycling the tower does not make a difference. I can make the noise go away if I turn the bass dial on the back of the speaker all the way to maximum (some amplifier circuit protection?) The left-side tower is working just fine. I never strain these speakers at loud volumes as I have neighbors, so I am surprised one of them would malfunction after only 2 years.
Has anyone experienced something like this? The booming noise is headache-inducing, so I have to keep the power disconnected on the affected tower... For the moment, living room system is ruined...
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 6 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Sorry you are having a problem with one of your speakers. You have done an excellent job of troubleshooting, that's the hard part. Now the easy part, contact your local dealer with the unit's serial number (a pic of the back panel is best) and a description of the problem. Then, ba-da bing, ba-da boom, they will order in and install replacement electronics in your failed speaker and you will be back to enjoying both of your Triton Twos.

That said, we have both a support email and a support telephone number, both are on this website. That's the place to go if you want service and support, not here. Got some questions about how to get the best performance from your system, this is the place. Want suggestions on associated equipment, the forum is best, again. Want to hear how others are enjoying their GoldenEar systems, you came to the right place. But, if you want to complain to someone about a broken speaker and your ruined living room system, contact support. They live for that stuff. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe, c-ray628

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 4 months ago
GoldenEar Tech support is the best, they will get you fixed faster than anyone else would.
Sorry you are missing some good music, but your choice of Triton 2s is still a GREAT one!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

• digirati's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
digirati Posted 3 years 4 months ago
I’m having this same issue, but with my left speaker. I have Triton 3’s. Is there a fix, or did the speaker just go bad and needs to be replaced?

• c-ray628's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
c-ray628 Posted 3 years 4 months ago
The solution was to contact the Goldenear representative who sold me the Triton Two's, bring the affected speaker in, and the electronics board was replaced on it with an identical Goldenear-provided board that took 1-2 days to arrive. The whole thing was done in less than a week and done under warranty. Only tough part was carrying the speaker and having it fit in the car. The left-side tower never developed the problem, though I only had it for another year, as I traded in the Twos for the Triton One.Rs about a year later, which have been working perfectly for about a year and a half so far.
The following user(s) said Thank You: digirati

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 3 years 4 months ago
Hi digirati, Please contact GoldenEar's tech support/customer service department. I'm sure they can help you. It's possible the built-in amplifier used in this tower may need to be replaced. You can reach the them at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 1-949-800-1805.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Problems and Solutions Problem with Triton Two Built-In Bass Amplifier