file Triton towers in a small room

• Huckleberry22's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Huckleberry22 Posted 2 years 2 months ago
Hello. I'm looking at purchasing new speakers for my music listening room. It's on the small side 12 feet by 12 feet with 8 foot ceiling. I've been debating between Triton 7, 5, and 3 towers. In your opinion which of these would work best in my application? They will be powered by an Oddyssey Khartago plus. Thanks for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
GDHAL Posted 2 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by GDHAL. info_outline

Hello. I'm looking at purchasing new speakers for my music listening room. It's on the small side 12 feet by 12 feet with 8 foot ceiling. I've been debating between Triton 7, 5, and 3 towers. In your opinion which of these would work best in my application? They will be powered by an Oddyssey Khartago plus. Thanks for any help!

Hello. Personally , given the choice of speakers you've mentioned , I'd go with the Triton 3. I wouldn't consider your room exactly "small". I would think it's about "average".

Beyond that I've read on numerous forums over the course of numerous years that it's always better to have larger speakers in a smaller environment as opposed to smaller speakers. By this I mean disproportionately large relative to the room size.

Of course this is all my subjective opinion and others can chime in but again , I'd go with the Triton 3. In fact you could probably move further up the chain to like a two plus+ and still be okay.

Me I went completely overboard... my room is 12 ft wide, 8 ft high ceilings and 30 ft long lengthwise ,(essentially open-ended from living room to the front door). And I have a set of T-Refs. Do I need all that to fill up the room with bass? Of course not. But this is akin to having a sports car that can go 180 mph even though the speed limit is only 55 here in New York. Even though you may never go 180, it's nice to know that you could.

I'll be interested to read other opinions from folks on this forum. I'm sure different folks will likely think differently than I.

Best of luck to you regardless of whatever you decide.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Triton towers in a small room