file Invisa for surrounds?

• OtologyGuy's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
OtologyGuy Posted 11 years 2 months ago
Will be purchasing the supercinema 3D Array with Forcefield3 sub and my wife thinks that in-wall surrounds would look better in our room. All of the reviews have used the SuperSat3's for the test set-ups. Will there be any drop off in performance if I go with the Invisa speakers for surround instead of the SuperSat3's?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 11 years 2 months ago
Nope, Invisa in-wall is a great (and popular) alternative to the on-wall SuperSat, they are designed to be very similar (same voicing, same ribbon tweeter, etc.).

Thanks.

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Just bought the set-up with Invisa 650's for surround. Now I am double-thinking again. Would the Invisa HTR 7000's be a better thought for surround speakers or is that not their intent (hard to tell from the description)? Would that be overkill?

Thanks.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 11 years 2 months ago
The HTR 7000 are in-ceiling speakers (I thought you were planning in-wall?) and yes, they are also intended for surround - but they are a much more expensive speaker. They are designed to project the soundfield down in such a way that it appears to not be coming from the ceiling (a great way to get in-wall sound from an in-ceiling speaker). This is especially good for in-ceiling front speakers in a home theater, but also very nice for surrounds. Depending on application preference, they can be directed towards the side/rear walls to create a more diffuse surround field, or towards the listening position for more localized surround effects,

Well, I now have everything installed and am really loving it! My wife is happy with the aesthetic of the supercinema 3D array, too.

My new question has to do with the speaker calibration/adjustment. I have a Denon 2313 AVR powering the speakers. Everything was installed professionally. The installers didn't use Audyssey and calibrated the speakers manually. I saw him add decibels to the front L/R speakers (equally) and some to the ceiling surrounds (different amounts because of different ceiling heights). It sounds great but I want to make sure I have everything maximized and I read the owners manual of the 3D Array and it recommended not adjusting the front L/R levels.

We have a trapezoid-shaped great room with the 3d array under the TV located on the angled wall (ie, the viewing/listening area is not directly in front of the TV, slightly center-left) Additionally, our room has an angled ceiling, so the Inivisa 650's surround at Rear Right is 10 ft ht and the Rear Left is at 20 ft. Sub is in the back corner (crossover at 120Hz and set to LFE+main on the AVR).

When I started looking into the Denon AVR speaker calibration menus I see that I can register the different lengths that speakers are from the listening area, in addition to adding volumes to the individual speakers. So, what would you recommend, given the above information and the for the 3D Array to even and then adjust the speaker distances, instead? Does the odd-shaped room lend itself better Audyssey?

Thanks for your help with this.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back