file Invisa SPS issues

• healthnutster's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
healthnutster Posted 2 years 1 month ago
I recently installed a pair of Invisa SPS’s in my living room. I had high expectations for them, having owned Triton 5’s and a current owner of BRX’s. However, these sounded very muffled (even in what should have been a very lively room) and had poor imaging. I attempted to increase treble response with the switch, with limited success. I then removed the grills, which helped significantly. Finally, I boosted the treble on my amp and lowered the bass. It’s much improved, but I’m puzzled by the performance. Can anyone suggest anything, or provide an explanation for the results?
Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 2 years 1 month ago
Hi healthnutster, I'm wondering if the tweeters/crossover networks in these Invisa SPS's are not working properly? The problem/sound you've described isn't a common occurrence with these speakers. I would suggesting contacting GoldenEar's customer service department and see if they can walk you through some troubleshooting measures with these speakers. You can reach them at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 1-949-800-1805 (M-F 9-5:30 Eastern Time).

Thanks for your response. After consulting with a number of people, I removed the backer boxes and this seems to have solved the problem. I wouldn’t have expected the boxes to do anything but enhance the experience, but in my installation, it was definitely a negative, as the speakers opened up immediately when the boxes were removed.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 2 years 1 month ago
Hi healthnutster, Thanks for sharing your experience with how the back boxes changed the sound of these Invisa SPSs. I'm glad to hear that removing these back boxes improved the sound quality heard from your speakers. Happy Listening.

Hi healthnutster, Thanks for sharing your experience with how the back boxes changed the sound of these Invisa SPSs. I'm glad to hear that removing these back boxes improved the sound quality heard from your speakers. Happy Listening.
Thank you sir. I may touch base with GE to try to understand why the back boxes degraded the sound in my installation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back