• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 5 years 8 months ago
Hi Pearsonjp,
May I jump in here?
Your post and questions are quite confusing, at least to me.
As to what you are trying to achieve.
You already have an AWESOME 2 channel system, The TRefs and the Rotels should sound great.
And you said you are happy when watching movies, but are you watching movies in stereo???????
Must be.
IF you want to add a surround sound setup for watching movies, and listening to music in surround (which I TOTALLY and HIGHLY recommend) then you need some kind of processor to decode the output from your DVD player, or preferably Blu Ray player and put out surround signals. The CHEAPEST way to do that is with a receiver. But with your system that seems like a disappointing come down in sound quality from your two channel system.
A proper Pre-Processor and a few more channels of amplification would sound better, but then you would need a center channel speaker, like the SC XXL, and some great surround speakers.
To answer your original question, NO the sound bar, as great as GEt's sound bar may be compared to other low end sound bars, is NO WHERE near in the same league as your TRefs and would just mess the sound up. No comparison.
I do hope this helps clarify, or at least point you in the right direction. Or you can clarify to us more where you are headed, what you want to do and we might be able to help more.
AGAIN, congrats on having already put together an amazing 2 channel system.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, pearsonjp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pearsonjp's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 20
pearsonjp Posted 5 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by pearsonjp. info_outline
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll stick with what I have and be happy... I don't want to go down that road of building a surround system...
Goldenear Reference
Rotel RC 1590
Rotel RB 1590
Marantz CD 6006
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 5 years 8 months ago
Hi, Pearsonjp

Your stereo set up with T Ref's and Rotel gear must be amazing! The Ref's present a sound field that is 3D like even without additional surround speakers, and center fill is spot on.

IF you ever want to venture into surround systems and gear and speakers, you also have the perfect front mains already.

Enjoy!!!!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperCinema 3D Array 3D Array XL and current system