file Universal sound bar bracket to mount under tv

• simo's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
simo Posted 6 years 9 months ago
I am going to hang my TV on the wall. I would like to mount the Supercinema 3D Array X under the TV but angling slightly down at the same angle as the TV. To accomplish this I've been looking at some universal brackets that allow the bar to mount to the TV. Is there any concern in doing this? Any recommended products or would the items listed below seem to work fine? Is there any reason to wall mount instead of doing this? The benefit of the brackets would be angling the bar towards the listening point and not having to put another hole in the wall. In addition I think the bar flush(or close to flush) to the TV presents a clean look.

QualGear Durable Universal Sound Bar Bracket for Sound Bars up to 15kg/33lbs

Sewell Direct Universal Soundbar Bracket
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 6 years 8 months ago
Yes, that's a popular and easy thing to do. The universal metal ones that look like boomerangs with slots, available on Amazon for like $10, work fine. You will need to pick up some 1/4-20 screws of the required length to attach the brackets to the 3D Array soundbar. The TV mount should come with long enough screws to put the soundbar bracket between the TV and the its mount.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, simo

• alanmsrq's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
alanmsrq Posted 3 years 8 months ago
Hi, I'm considering purchasing the Array XL and trying to decide mounting on the wall or to the TV mount, under the TV, as described. I currently have a 65" TV. Even with a heavy-duty mount (Mounting Dream Full Motion TV Mount UL Listed TV Wall Mount - rated to 132 lbs) , would the TV mount be sturdy enough to not vibrate under higher volumes? It seems like this is a recommended approach, but I would think the wall mounting would be more secure. Any recommendations? Thank you.

• mbroadus's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 30
mbroadus Posted 3 years 6 months ago

Moderator wrote: Yes, that's a popular and easy thing to do. The universal metal ones that look like boomerangs with slots, available on Amazon for like $10, work fine. You will need to pick up some 1/4-20 screws of the required length to attach the brackets to the 3D Array soundbar. The TV mount should come with long enough screws to put the soundbar bracket between the TV and the its mount.

I would love to add an array soundbar under my Sony XBR-65A8H, is the 1/4-20 screws used to the boomerang bracket to the Array? Is this the boomerang bracket that connects to the Array and universal wall mount (below)?

Sony 65A8H OLED
Panasonic P60VT60 Calibrated by Chad B
Anthem MRX-720, Naim Uniti Nova, Oppo UDP-203
Focal Aria 936, Focal Aria CC900
AppleTV 3 & 4K, Sony PS4 Pro
Attachments:

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 3 years 6 months ago
Hi mbroadus, The WALI WL-SBR-201 universal sound bar bracket should work well with our SuperCinema 3D Array X and XL sound bars. When using this bracket with our sound bars, you'll need 2 x 1/4-20 screws to attach the bracket to the back of the sound bars. The 1/4-20 threaded inserts on the back of the SuperCinema 3D Array X are 14.96" apart, and the 1/4-20 threaded inserts on the back of the SuperCinema 3D Array XL are 10.94" apart. Both of these sound bars fall within the maximum supported weight of this bracket as well. Happy Listening!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mbroadus

• mbroadus's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 30
mbroadus Posted 3 years 6 months ago
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by mbroadus. info_outline

Moderator wrote: Hi mbroadus, The WALI WL-SBR-201 universal sound bar bracket should work well with our SuperCinema 3D Array X and XL sound bars. When using this bracket with our sound bars, you'll need 2 x 1/4-20 screws to attach the bracket to the back of the sound bars. The 1/4-20 threaded inserts on the back of the SuperCinema 3D Array X are 14.96" apart, and the 1/4-20 threaded inserts on the back of the SuperCinema 3D Array XL are 10.94" apart. Both of these sound bars fall within the maximum supported weight of this bracket as well. Happy Listening!

Thank you.

What length of 1/4x20 machine screws should I use, 1/12"? Will this one work (link)?

Do you happen to know if the Array X will fit on the Mantle Mount MM540 sound bar mount?

Here's a link to the specs diagram: Specs for MM540

Link to model info: Info for MM540
Sony 65A8H OLED
Panasonic P60VT60 Calibrated by Chad B
Anthem MRX-720, Naim Uniti Nova, Oppo UDP-203
Focal Aria 936, Focal Aria CC900
AppleTV 3 & 4K, Sony PS4 Pro

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperCinema 3D Array Universal sound bar bracket to mount under tv