file HTR 8000 for ATMOS

• lmclacr's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
lmclacr Posted 4 months 2 weeks ago
Currently in the process to replace my ATMOS speakers with the HTR 8000.

I am planning to follow the Dolby DTS specifications for the speakers placement. My room doesn't allow me to put Back Ceiling Atmos. Therefore I will do Top Front and Top Middle. Top front will be at 55degrees from listening position putting them at about 8feet straight
line cross the floor from the MLP and and the Top middle at about 85degrees about 2 to 3 feet from MLP. Ceiling is 11feet.

Reading something that the HTR 7000 and 8000 needs to be at a minimum 8feet from the MLP. Is that accurate? How this distance is measure? from the MLP to the speaker in ceiling?

From the attached picture, the front top speakers will be moved back.

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 4 months 2 weeks ago
Hi Imclacr, Since the Invisa HTR8000s (and HTR7000s) play at a 30 degree angle to the ceiling, when used in room with an 11 foot ceiling, the optimal distance for these speakers would be approximately 5 feet away from the main listening position. This 5 foot distance would be measured as a straight line across the floor - from the main listening position. (This calculation takes into account that your "ear level" is approximately 3 feet above the floor.) Since these in-ceiling speakers also disperse their sound both left and right (and up and down) a bit, this distance of 5 feet away from the main listening position is somewhat flexible. You shouldn't have any issues if the main listening position was a bit more or a bit less than 5 feet away from the speakers. If you have specific questions, feel free to contact GoldenEar's customer service department (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 1-949-800-1805 M-F 9-5:30 Eastern Time).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series HTR 8000 for ATMOS