file HTR-7000 distance need for sound to be ear level?

• wesg92's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 37
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
wesg92 Posted 5 months 1 week ago
Hello,

What is the formula for calculating distance needed from MLP for HTR-7000s sound to appear at ear level?

I currently have 4 HTR-7000s for Atmos ceiling speakers that sound great, and considering adding 2 more as side surrounds since my current surrounds are in the year wall (Invisa SPSs).

I have 9' (8' 8" to be exact) ceilings, and could mount the speakers 11' to the left/right of the MLP.

Would this be effective/worth doing over my current 5.1.4 setup with surrounds in the back wall?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 5 months 1 week ago
Hi Wesg92, Since the Invisa HTR7000s play at a 30 degree angle to the ceiling, when they're used in a 9 foot ceiling, the optimal distance for these speakers (away from the main listening position) would be approximately 10 feet. This 10 foot distance is a straight line across the floor - from the main listening position. It sounds like you're in good shape with your thoughts of placing these speakers approximately 11 feet away from the main listening position. The sound produced by these speakers disperses - side to side and up and down - a bit as well. Adding these speakers to your system should improve the surround sensation or the immersiveness of your system. Happy Listening!

wesg92 Posted 5 months 2 days ago
Can you clarify the 30 angle?

"Relative to the ceiling" to me, suggests if the speaker was aimed directly sideways, that's 0 degrees, so it's 30 degrees down from there, which is 60 degrees from pointing straight down. This seems unlikely tho, by looking at the speaker and considering other ceiling speakers like the Triad Rotating 9 SAT that is 9" deep in order to get a 60 degree+ angle from the ceiling.

Or, are these 30 degrees from pointing straight down, which would be 60 degrees from the ceiling? This seems more likely, but worded oddly in the manual if so.

Thanks!

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 5 months 1 day ago
Hi wesg92, The measurement of the Invisa HTR 7000's 30 degree angle can certainly be confusing. Hopefully, this will be helpful. A standard in-ceiling speaker (that's facing straight down) would have an angle of 0 degrees, and speaker that's playing parallel to the ceiling (or along the ceiling surface) would have an angle of 80 or 90 degrees. The Invisa HTR7000 would be then be angled back 30 degrees from the floor - or 30 degrees toward the main listening position. I would consider this to be a "modest angle", or 30 degrees toward the main listening position. Happy Listening!

wesg92 Posted 5 months 1 day ago
Perfect, thank you!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series HTR-7000 distance need for sound to be ear level?