file Placement of MPX as R/L surround

• doublej9886's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
doublej9886 Posted 1 year 5 months ago
I am slowly filling out my HT system and am wondering what my best options for side surrounds are and if I use MPX, where in relation to two rows of seating they should be placed?

My current system consists of Triton 2's, Supercenter XXL and SuperSat 3's.

The room is 12.5" wide x 29.5" deep and 8" tall. It narrows a bit where the first row of seating would be so i was planning on using in-wall speakers there and moving the SuperSat 3's to the rear surrounds.

From what I've read on Dolby and using Audio advice's HT tool to design the space, the surrounds seem to be placed 90 degrees to the primary seating area. With the design of the MPX, is this still the case? Or would between the two rows of seating be better?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 1 year 5 months ago
Hi doublej9886, Since the Invisa MPXs have an angled driver design, they'll produce a great balance of focused sound and spaciousness. You'll also have a bit more flexibility with their location. When used as side surrounds, I'd lean toward placing them between the two rows of seats in your home theater system. The listeners in both rows will hear good sense of spaciousness and a great transition from your front soundstage to your surrounds. Happy Listening!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Placement of MPX as R/L surround