file When to R1's from T1's and not happy

• atriker's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 4
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
atriker Posted 1 year 4 months ago
I loved my T1's but decided to do the R1s. I am not happy with the R1s the highs and mids are good but the bass is gone. Songs that use to be punchy now lack punch on the R1s. I have been using them for about 50 hours and still no improvement:( Ideas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 1 year 4 months ago
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by GDHAL. info_outline

I loved my T1's but decided to do the R1s. I am not happy with the R1s the highs and mids are good but the bass is gone. Songs that use to be punchy now lack punch on the R1s. I have been using them for about 50 hours and still no improvement:( Ideas

Hi atriker.

What your reporting is very unusual. I'm assuming all else is equal. Meaning you haven't changed any other components, and you haven't changed the location/placement of the speakers. True?

As you're asking for ideas some thoughts come to mind.

Did you purchase the one R's new? Did you listen to them first at a dealer? If so, perhaps consult with the dealer and get their opinion, recommendation, etc. May seem obvious, but are you certain that they're receiving electrical power (i.e blue light on)? Is the base level control set to the same position as you had the T1s? Are you getting the same result from both speakers?

I don't know what else to suggest.

Hal
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

got them new and listened to them before I bought.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 1 year 4 months ago
atriker: the blue light is on? on each Triton, right? When playing a bass track, what happens when you turn the bass knob on the Tritons all way clockwise? Any difference in bass quantity?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

The lights are on and the knobs are set to 12. Other songs sound ok with bass. But song like : go your own way by F.Mac use to be really punchy on the T1s now its like its missing.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 1 year 4 months ago
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by GDHAL. info_outline
Nothing for nothing, but it's conceivable your T1s we're problematic (at least with respect to the 1R) from a bass perspective.

You cannot just state that you're using Fleetwood Mac's, Go Your Own Way, without a more precise frame of reference. I assume that you're meaning the studio version from the Rumours album. Yes, there's bass in that track, but nothing that should be considered anything to judge by. And if it's some other version, then who knows?

You need to use some kind of known reference material, to which there are hundreds of recordings. Fleetwood Mac is not going to be on that list, albeit they are a spectacular band and I have a lot of their recordings.

Besides reference recordings, you could run a frequency glide (20 HZ to 20,000 Hertz) *at very low volume* through any kind of streaming service, even free ones like YouTube, just to listen if the perceived volume (and we don't have to get into more granularity like Fletcher Munson or Harmon curves) to *you* is the same. It should be. Then your "Golden" (pun intended).

If you want to purchase music for reference reasons I can recommend the following.

2) Denon Audio Technical CD. It has a number of tracks with sample music that covers the entire gamut of frequency range, dynamic range, imaging subtleties, etc. www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/1...dio+technical+cd.htm

3) Sony Music Super Audio CD Sampler www.amazon.com/Music-Super-Audio-Sampler-Players/dp/B003UQ4CXC

4) Because bass is your concern, play Mickey Hart's Temple Caves.

Best.

Hal
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series When to R1's from T1's and not happy