check Triton One bass 'wind' noise solved

• MrFluffyWalrus's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 5
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
MrFluffyWalrus Posted 1 year 9 months ago
I posted a, 'that's my problem too', comment on raywindu's post a month back. However his issue seemed to be with the tweeter section though...

A clearly audible rushing like noise developed in both Triton One bass modules - much more so on the left. I could hear it clearly from my listening position and it was slowly getting more pronounced. Kind members gave suggestions which I carried out but no joy.

The Moderator suggested contacting support which I did and after supplying serial numbers and original purchase details the fabulous Chet organised replacement amps shipped to me in Australia via FedEx and they arrived within 10 days! I received both the back plate pre-amp and the bottom mounted power amp for each speaker - no charge for the new parts, plus a prepaid return label for the old parts. Change over took just over an hour all up and was very straight forward due to Chet's supplied pdf instructions - 2 screwdrivers and carefully placed finger-work was all it took.

This has completely solved the issue for me. Not only that, it appears this swap-out has given the Ones a new lease of life. Call it placebo effect or simply hearing things that were previously slightly masked by the wind sound but I have to say the whole sound quality has been seriously lifted now. Bass is more articulate, less boomy (which was a bit of an issue in my room that I was trying to tame with traps and DSP) and more detailed. Treble and mids are slightly clearer as well with things being generally more integrated overall I would say. It's like a new speaker system now. I know it's an old trope but my wife really, really did notice these changes herself.:laugh:

I cannot stress enough how easy, straightforward and helpful the staff at GoldeEar were in sorting this so quickly, a fantastic job. To you all a big thank you!
NAD M33 - Rega P6/Ortofon Quintet Bronze - Oppo BDP 105 - GoldenEar Triton One - Gaia II iso feet - IsoTek EVO 3 power cords and power boards - some wire...
The following user(s) said Thank You: GDHAL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 1 year 9 months ago
This is great news to read. I'm very happy for you.

I also concur that golden ear support is outstanding. I also concur that Chet in particular is extremely knowledgeable, very courteous, and highly professional.

Also to your point about bringing "new life" to the speaker, I can definitely relate to that. Once the base is proper/correct, not only does the base region become "better", but so too does the mid and high frequencies. When the base is "off", it detracts from the rest of the frequency range because of its dominating effect.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrFluffyWalrus

• MrFluffyWalrus's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 5
MrFluffyWalrus Posted 1 year 9 months ago

This is great news to read. I'm very happy for you.

... Once the base is proper/correct, not only does the base region become "better", but so too does the mid and high frequencies. When the base is "off", it detracts from the rest of the frequency range because of its dominating effect.

Thanks for your confirmation, perspective and observations - indeed I can certainly attest to it now B)
NAD M33 - Rega P6/Ortofon Quintet Bronze - Oppo BDP 105 - GoldenEar Triton One - Gaia II iso feet - IsoTek EVO 3 power cords and power boards - some wire...

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton One bass 'wind' noise solved