file Moving to atmos and need help choosing surround sound speakers

• Davecactus's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Davecactus Posted 2 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Davecactus. info_outline
Hi, first time on this board.

I am looking to upgrade my SC77 Pioneer elite AVR to Denton AVR 4700 and I need help with my atmos 5.1.2 setup.

I have two Triton 3 front speakers and a supercenter XL.

I am going to add 2 super sat 3C for my height speakers. Behind the couch and pointing down. Other half will not allow me to put speakers in front (clashes with paintings :( )

Here is where I need help. I want to replace my Polk audio dipole surround speakers with GE. I am debating the BRX, AON 2, and AON 3. Price is not an issue. I have ten foot ceilings and the viewing area is about 15 x 15 feet. I mostly just watch movies and XBOX series X games.

What will pair better with the triton 3’s? What would sound the best? I am leaning towards the BRX, but would it be overkill and a waste of money compared to the AON’s? The speakers will be put on 30” stands.

Thanks for the help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 2 years 5 months ago
Hi Davecactus, Welcome to the GoldenEar forum. Both the Aon bookshelf speakers and the BRXs would match quite well to your front sound stage. Given a choice, however, I'd lean toward the BRXs. The BRXs produce more detail, openness, and 3-dimensionality. You'll notice this improvement even when using these speakers as your surrounds. Happy Listening!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davecactus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Moving to atmos and need help choosing surround sound speakers