file Height of tweeter in Triton One

• cooter's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 7
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
cooter Posted 2 years 2 months ago

Regardless of the exact height of the Tweeter off the floor, personally, I would NOT tilt the speaker forward or back, as the original poster of this thread, MickeyBoy, has contemplated.
When Sandy Gross set up a pair of Triton Ones for Robert Deutsch’s Stereophile review, Sandy tilted the Tritons slightly forward to align their tweeters with Robert’s ears in his seated listening position.

So MickeyBoy has the absolute authority on setting up Tritons on his side. As I’d read the review prior to buying my Triton Ones, I made sure my tweeters were pointed at my ears… my Ones lean forward slightly, too.
Creek Destiny Integrated, Sansui TU-919 Tuner, Marantz SA8001 SACD Player, stacked-platter layered-plinth Bogen B62 TT w/OL1 tonearm & Zu Audio DL-103 Mk.II cart, Bob's Devices CineMag 1131 SUT, Creek OBH-15 Mk2 phono pre-amp, MIT CVT Terminator 1&2 cables/ICs, Triton Ones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 2 years 2 months ago

Regardless of the exact height of the Tweeter off the floor, personally, I would NOT tilt the speaker forward or back, as the original poster of this thread, MickeyBoy, has contemplated.
When Sandy Gross set up a pair of Triton Ones for Robert Deutsch’s Stereophile review, Sandy tilted the Tritons slightly forward to align their tweeters with Robert’s ears in his seated listening position.

So MickeyBoy has the absolute authority on setting up Tritons on his side. As I’d read the review prior to buying my Triton Ones, I made sure my tweeters were pointed at my ears… my Ones lean forward slightly, too.

This is why I wrote that * I personally * would not tilt the speaker forward or backwards as opposed to writing that it couldn't be done. In my , again , *personal opinion* I think that tilting the speaker either way leads to instability as far as it's overall footing , and in addition just doesn't "look right", but again, that's just my opinion.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• cooter's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 7
cooter Posted 6 months 4 weeks ago
Hi, GDHAL.

You're quite right, the speakers do look a little weird tipped forward. Worse yet, I'm thinking of adding IsoAcoustics GAIA II speaker isolators, which will lift the speakers (and tweeters) about 2" higher off the floor. I'm not sure how I'm going to solve the listening position issue: maybe a 2" thick pillow ;)
Creek Destiny Integrated, Sansui TU-919 Tuner, Marantz SA8001 SACD Player, stacked-platter layered-plinth Bogen B62 TT w/OL1 tonearm & Zu Audio DL-103 Mk.II cart, Bob's Devices CineMag 1131 SUT, Creek OBH-15 Mk2 phono pre-amp, MIT CVT Terminator 1&2 cables/ICs, Triton Ones.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Height of tweeter in Triton One