file Triton 2 makes loud popping noise

• golden78's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
golden78 Posted 4 years 2 months ago
Anyone know if the loud poopping noise that happens like 1 or 2 times every few minutes means.? i unplugged it and back in and still does it and light is solid blue but keeps making noise . these are original 2's not 2+..is it the amp going bad? can they be swapped and how much?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 4 years 2 months ago
I am sorry to hear your Triton Two is misbehaving.

When you disconnected the speaker wire and AC power cable from the speaker, how long did it sit before you reconnected it? If less than 15-20 minutes try that again (but wait at least 15 minutes before reconnecting).

If that didn't solve the problem, is there any new RF/EM/etc. noise generating item like a cell phone or modem or wi-fi router that has been placed near the speaker? Those can cause problems.

If neither worked, then the amp probably needs replacement. You can contact the dealer from whom you purchased them and they should perform repair. If that's not possible please contact our Maryland office at 410-998-9134, 9:30am-6:00pm M-F EST so we can work with you to solve the problem.

• Rtonkinson's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
Rtonkinson Posted 2 years 4 months ago
I have the same problem. I have moved since purchasing, so I will call the Maryland office unless instructions have changed.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 2 years 4 months ago
Hi Rtonkinson, Please contact GoldenEar's customer service department. I'm sure they'll help you. You can reach them at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 1-949-800-1805 (M-F 9-5:30 Eastern Time).

• dimitrios fakitsas's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 4
dimitrios fakitsas Posted 2 years 2 months ago
i have the same problem with one of my triton one.i allready send a message to golden ear through his platform.it makes an awful loud noise like fireworks or a gun shooting again and again....

• Rtonkinson's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
Rtonkinson Posted 2 years 2 months ago
Please contact GoldenEar's customer service department. I'm sure they'll help you. You can reach them at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 1-949-800-1805 (M-F 9-5:30 Eastern Time)

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton 2 makes loud popping noise