file ForecField 3 Not Auto Turning On

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 4 years 2 months ago

fast1fred wrote:

Moderator wrote: Can you turn up the output on the computer and turn down the volume on the sub to see if that helps?

I already have the computer output level set to 100% and it doesn't help. Are there any other wiring "tricks" I could do to keep sending a signal to the sub to keep it on?

Is this using the LFE input? If so, did you try the speaker level in/out connections instead of LFE?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fast1fred's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
fast1fred Posted 3 years 11 months ago

Moderator wrote: Is this using the LFE input? If so, did you try the speaker level in/out connections instead of LFE?

Sorry for the very late reply on this - I was out of commission for a while.

Yes, this is using the LFE input. The source only has line level subwoofer out, no speaker outputs.

Not sure if this was a good idea, but I even tried using this RCA to speaker converter: www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B077JQMPPZ/ref=...00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I only connected it to the left input of the sub. I was able to get a really low signal, and had to set the FF3 volume at the highest. Even that wasn't sufficient to get it to acceptable output levels.

Any other ideas to get this to work? I tried another sub that had auto-on and it gets triggered on with no issues. The FF3 seems to want to have a stronger signal to trigger it on though.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 3 years 11 months ago
Boosting the computer's output level is our best bet. Sometimes, the specific program (or App) will have a volume control in addition to the computer's master volume control. I'd recommend checking to make sure both the App's volume control and master volume control are turned all the way up.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support ForceField Subs ForecField 3 Not Auto Turning On