file Subwoofer Vibrating Across Floor

• NLkraken's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
NLkraken Posted 4 years 9 months ago
Hi All

Looking for some advice on an issue I have with my ForceField 3. When listening to movies that are heavy on the LFE, my sub will sometimes vibrate itself across the floor. Like, significantly. One loud boom can easily move it 5 or 6 inches, left or right. It's currently sitting on a wooden floor. Never happens with music, only in bass heavy movies. The volume knob on the back is set to around 25%, and the subwoofer volume on my receiver is set to the default 0. I can turn down the volume knob and reduce the effect, but then it simply doesn't sound as good, as the current setting is optimum.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 4 years 9 months ago
Is this happening with the stock feet installed on your FF3? What type of flooring?

The ForceField subs generate quite a bit of mechanical energy and they vibrate while playing, but moving 5-6" is a lot more than we've ever experienced.

If you're using the stock feet and have a hard floor type such as wood, tile, etc. does the sub slide around at all if you push it gently? Perhaps cleaning the feet and floor where the sub sits with a little water or mix of Windex to see if the sub stays put might help.

Thanks for the response!

It happened with the stock feet, and I ordered some replacements and it still happens, but not quite as bad. I've since placed it on a blanket, temporarily, and that seems to have done the trick. But obviously this isn't something I'd want to keep there permanently. I'm thinking it may be the flooring, but wanted to ask around before I stuck with that conclusion and ordered an expensive foam tile to put underneath it. It's laminate faux wood flooring. I will try and test to see if it slides when I get back to it, but I don't think it will slide. I'll try cleaning the surface as well.

Is there anything I could have done wrong from a volume knob/receiver level setting that would cause this kind of effect on the low end? Seems to really peak at 35hz.

Thanks again for all your help. I've had a few posts on here now and you guys have always been great.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 4 years 9 months ago
I doubt you've done anything wrong, but 5-6" shift keeps standing out.

If you're ever in the upgrade mood, check out the SuperSub X - it has more output and at lower distortion than two Force Field 5 subs! And due in part to its design, the cabinet does not vibrate at most any volume so it stays put.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NLkraken

Thanks for the recommendation, although I doubt I could ever afford it! ;) Maybe one of these days...

I'll update the thread when/if I come to a conclusion, just in case someone else has a similar issue.

Thanks again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support ForceField Subs Subwoofer Vibrating Across Floor