question-circle ForeField 3 Feet/Stand Issues

• NLkraken's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
NLkraken Posted 4 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by NLkraken. Reason: Issues with link. info_outline
It seems I am no longer able to tighten the feet properly on my ForceField 3. The bolts have become loose inside one or two of the feet. I'm considering replacing them and was wondering if anyone can tell me if this would work:

www.amazon.ca/SVS-SoundPath-Subwoofer-Is...eway#customerReviews

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 4 years 10 months ago
Hello,

We would recommend original feet and they are available. If you are the original owner and purchased your sub within the last 5 years, we will replace that foot and bolt at no charge for you.

Please send an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and include the complete serial number, your shipping address & phone number as well as a copy of the original purchase receipt and we'll send you a new set of feet with bolts.

That said, you can try the SVS feet to see what you think. Just make sure they hold the sub about the same height off the floor so the down-firing passive radiator loads correctly. We have not tried 3rd party footers so cannot comment how well they will work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NLkraken

Thanks for the offer. I think the sub is relatively new, but unfortunately I am not the original owner. The height effecting the driver was my concern, but I do believe they are at least as tall. So if that's the only issue, I might go ahead and order them. Just curious... any estimate on the price of me purchasing the original replacement feet and shipping to Canada?

Unfortunately I cannot answer the product and shipping cost question. You'd need to call our main office in Maryland at 410-998-9134 for the info and to order.

If the original feet stay put when the sub is resting on them, do they function just fine? If so, perhaps leave well enough alone. But if you're keen to try the SVS feet then you could do an A/B test to see which you prefer. If you like the originals better perhaps then consider buying a replacement set. They are not crazy expensive.

Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by NLkraken. Reason: grammar info_outline
They do seem fine, but they come loose and seem to cause a rattle with heavy bass that seems to go away after I tighten them, but then they come loose again...

There was one instance where the sub literally started dancing across the floor (laminate flooring). Sub volume switch was set low, receiver master volume was midway, and bass/sub channel were set to mid/low on receiver. I had read on a forum that it could be caused by loose or unevenly tightened legs. Not sure what caused it, but it doesn't happen now with the occasional tightening of the legs. It sounds amazing, so I want to keep up on maintenance by replacing the feet before they break completely. Just wondering if I should replace with the originals or since I have to buy new, try these SVS feet if it is compatible. I understand that you cannot comment on third party feet, but I was more so wondering if there was some reason why I should absolutely only use the OEM feet.

Thanks!

You'll be fine using the other feet as long as they hold the sub the same distance from the floor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NLkraken

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support ForceField Subs ForeField 3 Feet/Stand Issues