file SuperSwivel Wall Mount

• rorcocobun's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 24
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rorcocobun Posted 6 years 1 month ago
Hello,

I am about to mount my SuperSat 50 speakers (left and right channels) with the SuperSwivel and I would like to know if I can use the bottom mounting hole or should I use the top mounting hole on the speaker? I am curious as to which method will be more secure and stable?

Regards,
Marantz AV7005
Marantz MM7055
Denon POA 4400 Mono Amp x2
Oppo BDP-105
GoldenEar SuperSat50 (L/C/R)
GoldenEar SuperSat 3 (SL/SR)
GoldenEar ForceField 4 Subwoofer x2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HTSME's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 287
HTSME Posted 6 years 1 month ago
Hi,
I used the same combo of SuperSat 50 and SuperSwivel to mount my 50 for the rear speakers. The 50 is designed for the bolt from the SuperSwivel ball to screw into the top mounting hole when the speaker is hung vertically.

If your using a 50C and the speaker is turned and hung horizontally, you use both the top and bottom mounting holes for two SuperSwivel units to support the speaker. They use the same cabinet for the 50 or 50C. Only the speaker orientation is different.

In my opinion, you can use the top or bottom mounting hole on the 50 for mounting the one SupreSwivel. Both should provide the same degree of stability.

This tip is mentioned in the installation sheet and deserves to be restated. Once you mount the bolt into the rear of the speaker and place the ball into the bracket on the SuperSwivel unit, tighten it only to the point where you can still move the speaker around
on the ball to tweak the final position then tighten so it hold it in place. But do not over tighten.

The Moderator suggest toeing these 50 slightly toward the prime listening positions. If your mounted lower on the wall you want the back of the 50 parallel to the wall. If like me, your 50s are mounted higher on the wall, you also want them to tilt down slightly with the ball screwed into the top mounting hole. I readjusted these rear 50 speakers multiple times that night and over the next several days before I was satisfied with their final position. So don't lose that hex tool.

One of my drifted after several hours of listening so I had to loosen, raise up slightly and re tighten. The other channel was fine.

Del

rorcocobun Posted 6 years 1 month ago
Hi,

Thank you for such a detailed response. I'm glad to hear that either the top or bottom mounting hole will offer the same level of stability. I'll more than likely use the top mounting hole, but I like having options. For the centre channel SuperSat 50C I will be using two SuperSwivels as per the instruction manual.

Thanks for the tip on not loosing the hex wrench!

Regards.
Marantz AV7005
Marantz MM7055
Oppo BDP-105
The following user(s) said Thank You: HTSME

• HTSME's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 287
HTSME Posted 6 years 4 weeks ago

rorcocobun wrote: Hi,

Thank you for such a detailed response. I'm glad to hear that either the top or bottom mounting hole will offer the same level of stability. I'll more than likely use the top mounting hole, but I like having options. For the centre channel SuperSat 50C I will be using two SuperSwivels as per the instruction manual.

Thanks for the tip on not loosing the hex wrench!

Regards.[/quote

Your welcome rorcocobun.
I have heard a 5.1 system at a dealer with the SuperSat 50 & 50C and it was really nice.

If you ever just mount the 50 on a wall with out the SuperSwivel and hang the speaker on a screw or bolt head, remember to install those rubber pads on the four corners of the flat back to minimize vibration on the wall. My experience with the template was very good. I used tape and moved them up and down the wall to establish the proper height. Then I used an Awl to punch the hole through the template and into the wall.

Highly recommended that you adjust the rears and fronts so that that the SuperSwivel is on a stud. This is a must.

Del

rorcocobun Posted 6 years 4 weeks ago
Thank you for the heads up on mounting the SuperSwivel on a stud ... there are so many things to keep in mind.

Ciao,
Roc
Marantz AV7005
Marantz MM7055
Oppo BDP-105
The following user(s) said Thank You: HTSME

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back