file New Owner Triton One.R and super center reference - few questions

• nakenergy's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
nakenergy Posted 1 year 8 months ago
Just bought a pair of Triton One. R and super center reference for the front stage. Still need to get the Goldenear surrounds and Atmos speakers at a later date; right now using some other brand surrounds.

Had a few questions about the hook up. What is the popular way to hook up these speakers with another subwoofer? I have Power Sound Audio subwoofer and would want to blend this in with the LFE input of the Triton One.R so hook it up as 3 subwoofers as per Sandy's tips. Will be running a Dirac calibration for eq - has anyone done this and any tips?

On a carpet, do we need the spikes with Gaia 2 isolators or just the GAIA would do? Right now have not ordered the GAIAI, just experimenting with what I have now.

I first heard the Triton one at and audio show years back and was floored and it has been a long wait to get the Goldenears! Glad I got the .R as it is really a great speaker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 1 year 8 months ago
Hi nakenergy. Welcome to the GE forum. :)

Regarding the hookup to another sub you probably have options in that regard, depending on your amp. If you amp has pre-outs then I'd personally go that route. Others may provide a different solution.

As to the GAIA footers on carpet and whether or not to use spikes, "it depends". I talked to GAIA at great length about this prior to installing mine. Ideally, you want to avoid the spikes *if you can*. If the carpet is low, dense pile, you will be fine without spikes. If your carpet is thick, shaggy, etc. you'll need spikes. If you do use spikes, you *must* use their spike cups that are specifically made for the GAIAs.

I have low pile carpet and was/am pleasantly surprised by the excellent stability (I have GAIA 1 on the T Ref, but assume GAIA 2 on the T1R is essentially the same from a "footing" perspective) of the speaker. I'd say the stability is as good or even better than if the speaker were on the rubber feet they came with.

Best.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• nakenergy's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
nakenergy Posted 1 year 8 months ago
Thanks Gdhal. I have an Integra 3.4 going to Emotiva XPA5. Yes Integra has 2 sub pre-outs but they are not independent. I hooked up one to the PSA sub and the other split to Triton One R and then will run Dirac live - not sure how that will manifest.44.

on the GAIAs I will go with your suggestion to not order the spikes right now as I have low pile carpet. That saves me some money. Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GDHAL

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 1 year 8 months ago
You're very welcome, nakenergy.

It may interest you to read this review of the GAIAs I did some months ago. You may find some other useful information. Best. :)

www.goldenear.com/forum/Show-Off-Your-Go...-on-triton-reference
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review Triton Series New Owner Triton One.R and super center reference - few questions