question-circle Pairing Triton 1’s with REL subs using high level inputs

• johnson81's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
johnson81 Posted 3 years 3 months ago
Does any one have any experience or input on pairing REL subs with Triton 1’s using high level input into the REL’s?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 3 years 3 months ago
Hi johnson81, I do not have experience with specifically using the high level inputs on REL subwoofers along with the Triton One towers, however, I've used the high level inputs on GoldenEar subwoofers with the Triton One towers (and had great results). Connecting the high level inputs on the powered subwoofers allowed me to adjust the crossover frequency of the subwoofers - so the subwoofers produced a great blend well with the towers. (I found a crossover frequency around 50hz-60hz produced a great blend between the separate subwoofers and the Triton Ones.) I continued to set the AV receiver to large or full range speakers. This way, both the towers and the separate subwoofers received full bass. In addition, connecting speaker wires to the high level inputs of the subwoofers (in parallel) with the tower's speaker wire connections did not put any extra load or strain on the amplifier built-into the AV receiver. When using the high level inputs on the REL subwoofers with the Triton Ones, I would expect you to experience great results as well. I suspect a crossover of 50hz-60hz on the REL subwoofers would also produce a great blend between these subwoofers and towers. Happy Listening!

• dimitrios fakitsas's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 4
dimitrios fakitsas Posted 2 years 2 months ago
hello to all goldenear fans.how can we connect the triton towers with an extra subwoofer?can we do that without plug in the towers and listen only through the external extra sub?
i'm asking this because two times until now i had a problem with my internal subwoofer section,which it made an awfull sound like gunshots or fireworks!i want to keep my speakers ,i love them but it's really a big problem and maybe dangerous for my ears and the speaker itself.
and after all i don't know if without plug in i can get a full range sound of the originals recordings.i'm searching somekind of solution,because i want to keep those speakers

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 2 years 2 months ago
Hi dimitrios fakitsas, I would recommend plugging your Triton towers into an AC outlet. This way, they will operate as large or full range speakers. I would then connect the "sub out" connection on your receiver/processor to your separate subwoofer. You could then adjust the subwoofer's crossover frequency on your receiver/processor to blend well with your towers. I would suspect a crossover frequency of 80hz or lower for the separate subwoofer should work well.

If you did not plug your Triton towers into an AC outlet, they will behave like smaller satellite speakers. Ultimately, when used with a separate subwoofer, the system will play okay. However, it will sound better and more integrated if you plugged your towers into an AC outlet - and let them play some bass.

If you ever have an issue with the amplifiers going bad in your Triton towers, feel free to contact GoldenEar's customer service department - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - or 1-949-800-1805. I'm sure they would help you. Happy Listening!

• johnson81's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
johnson81 Posted 2 years 2 months ago
I have a pair of REL G 1’s hooked up by way of high level connections through my Triton 1’s. Although the Tritons sound wonderful by themselves, the addition of the REL subs are phenomenal.

• dimitrios fakitsas's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 4
dimitrios fakitsas Posted 2 years 2 months ago
dear moderator thank you for your quick response!
i want to say that because i'm very very pleased with my speakers i don't wan't to change them or give them away or anything like that.but as i explained to the previous message,that problem with the internal subwoofer section happens every 5 or six months or so.
i mean this is something that GE knows allready.as from my prespective the only fair to everybody solution is that the company itself will take charge and solve that problem by creating internal amplifiers without any kind of problems.maybe it is already done,because as i reading through this plattform and the net in genuine,this is a problem that a lot of GE's clients have.i think that it is worth doing it,and then send us the new amplifiers with all the improvements and finishing with the problem once and for all!i wish that GE will take care of this because this is really a very very good product and i personally want those speakers in my room for many many years to come!i allready suggest them to any friend who asks for them!
i am not willing to try it with some external sub at this time.
all i want is that problem to be solved once and for all,and i am sure that you will understand because being here means that we all are passioned with music and perfect sound!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review Triton Series Pairing Triton 1’s with REL subs using high level inputs