file Aon2s

• wawaron's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
wawaron Posted 11 years 8 months ago
Hi all just received my new Aon2s today and must say they are a joy to listen to, In fact that is what I did most of the day. Ha! the joys of retirement. I bought these because I own Triton Twos and a SS50C for my HT. Like the detailed, spacious 3D sound stage they produce. Most of all I enjoy listening to GoldenEar speakers for they are relaxing non aggressive. Just sit back and smile.

I'm driving them with an old JVC AVR but thinking of switching to a 2 channel stereo integrated amp, any suggestions?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 11 years 8 months ago
Excellent - glad you're enjoying your new speakers. The Aon 2's are fabulous, agreed.

We've used the Peachtree stuff with great success at a couple trade shows, also hear great things about the (expensive) ARC Integrated and the (more reasonable) Anthem and NAD integrated amps.

Enjoy!

• wawaron's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
wawaron Posted 11 years 8 months ago
Hi thanks for the quick response very appreciated. I'm looking at Cambridge Audio Integrated amps. Three models:

1: 651A 75 w/c into 8 ohms with a dedicated sub out(integrated amp)

2: 851A 120 w/c into 8 ohms no dedicated sub(integrated amp)

3: Topaz SR 10 85 w/c into 8 ohms stereo receiver

These are my choices unless other concerns.

What do you think? Which one will make the Aon2s extremely happy and sing like never before?

Thanks

Moderator Posted 11 years 8 months ago
Sorry - can't help you. I'm not familiar with those models - perhaps someone else in the forum can offer up some opinions?

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 6 months ago
Has anyone else seen the review of the Aon 2's in the November's issue of Sterophile. I believe Robert Reina was impressed....he should be.

Reina Quote:
Goldenear Technology has produced a stunning achievement in the Aon 2, with strengths that are unusual for a bookshelf speaker of this size and price. And I continue to be floored by how Goldenear's ingenious designers have been able to marry the best ribbon and dynamic driver designs in a coherent and cost-effective package. I look forward to hearing more from this creative company.

Well said Robert!!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

Moderator Posted 10 years 6 months ago
Yes, thanks Anthem. We've had this review on hand for a while (notice there's a quote from the review in the new Aon literature on our website) but we hold back until the issue has been received by subscribers. I haven't gotten mine yet, when I do, the word goes out.

You're right though, it was a great review and Robert was more than just a little impressed with them. As long as we're talking Audiophile press, did you catch that Aon 3's were the Absolute Sound's 2014 Best High-End Value Bookshelf Speaker?
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back