file Aon3 Is Impressive!

• Thomas49's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 6
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Thomas49 Posted 10 years 10 months ago
I've had my Aon 3's for about 1 years time and I continue to be amazed by the quality, size and depth of the sound these bookshelf monitors deliver! I auditioned 5 different speakers, including the Aon 2, before deciding on these and I couldn't be happier One thing that I haven't seen mentioned much is that these speakers excel at many different types of music. My musical tastes are varied and I found that many speakers excel at one type of music (e.g., classical or jazz) while being so-so at others (e.g., Rock). The Aons excel at all types of music in my opinion. For example, right now I'm listening to some contemporary jazz, Fourplay. But I am also a huge Rush fan and a fan of 70's classic rock (Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, Yes, etc.). I've also recently discovered Steely Dan and I just love Sarah Vaughn's, Ella Fitzgerald's and Peggy Lee's vocal capabilities. And when I'm cleaning my apartment, I like to play club music (dance). So I run quite a musical gamut. These Aon 3's work very well with anything you want to throw at them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dark's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 109
Dark Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Hey Thomas,

Great to hear! Could you tell us a bit about what you noticed between the Aon 2s and 3s?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
MOBrien Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Thomas,
If you just recently discovered Steely Dan you may be interested in Donald Fagen's solo work. Donald Fagen is the co-founder and lead singer of Steely Dan. I would highly recommend his album The Nightfly. It should sound fantastic with your Aon 3s.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Thomas49,
I think that is a great comment on how good the Aon 3s are!!!!! The fact that they sound good with all kinds of music, that cannot be said about so many speakers, especially small ones.
What amp are you powering them with? May I ask? And what is your source? (Did I miss that?) Any other comments or keys to the great sound?
Thanks for any more comments, and keep enjoying the music!!!!
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas49

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Wayne:

Thomas49 is using a Rega Brio-R integrated amp. His sources are a Rega Apollo CD player & Rega P2 turntable.

I'd like to listen to his system, I bet it sounds great.

I LOVE my Aon 3's. Can't say enough great things about them.

Home completion date, Wayne???

I'm getting excited about all the reviews you're going to bestow upon us. Wanting to hear how your tubes & digital amps sound. B)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• Thomas49's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 6
Thomas49 Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Hey,

I auditioned both the Aon 2 and the Aon 3. I went with the Aon 3 mostly because the bass was a little more effortless at the bottom end and it was only $200 more. In some ways the Aon 2's impress more since they are smaller and still put out an amazingly big sound, as the Aon 3's do.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back